Saturday, June 07, 2008

celebreality

Who knew that a Friday afternoon lunch could be so interesting? It'd been a long week and even longer since I'd seen Carol and so we'd made plans to have lunch at Matt's Oyster Bar.

We hadn't been there long when someone caught my glance as they approached behind Carol. Something very familiar about him, and it hit me immediately. It was Jason, one of the guys on The Bachelorette vying for Deanna's affections.

Thanks to my trusty DVR, I don't miss a single episode, and with all of my other indulgent shows signing off with their finales, this show is now the highlight of my week. Dare I say, I've watched every single season since it began airing in 2002. Twelve seasons of The Bachelor, and now the fourth season of The Bachelorette. Sadly more of an indication that I'm a reality show addict.

Of course, the show has yet to run it's course, so I have no idea how Jason fares in the end, but he's still in the running. And I've said from the beginning that he was a contender, at least my guess is that he is in Deanna's top four. He seems like a genuine and sincere guy.

Jason ended up sitting directly behind me, kitty corner. Carol jokingly asked if I was going to say something to him. Nah. I'm sure he gets enough of that. I can't imagine how much your life changes once you step out of anonymity and your life is projected onto millions of televisions across America. Besides what do you say? "Hey Jason, I'm really rooting for you. Hi Jason, how's your son Ty? Jason, great job representing Kirkland?"

Well, we may not have been sitting at the same exact table having lunch, but I can say we both have great taste -- for the meatloaf. :)

1 comment:

Igloo. said...

OK, so a woman I work with is good friends with Jason and - while he's been tight lipped on what happens - she thinks he's one of the top two, perhaps even the winner. Gotta stay tuned!