Monday, December 15, 2008

quiet

My sister Andrea is enjoying some peace and quiet while her hubby and her dog Hunter are down in Utah. She's going to be joining them at the end of the week, but until then she's got the condo all to herself.

Thinking it must be lonely with Jeff and Hunter gone, I offered to have our Boxer Zoe go and stay with Andrea until she leaves this weekend. I'm sure Beaux would appreciate a well-deserved break from the ever-hyper Zoe and that Andrea would like to have some company when she gets home from work each day. Win-win.

And quiet it was without Zoe. Beaux's health is still in decline. His blindness is still hard to grasp. All weekend he'd continue to walk into walls, corners and under tables. I'm still having to guide him to his food dish when it's meal time. That never happened before. But I guess the realities of having a 14-year old Lab have finally come to roost. Beaux and I spent most of the weekend in the living room. He on the floor at the foot of the couch...although he made some valiant efforts to keep my seat warm on the couch when I got up. And I happily flipped through Tivo'd shows to catch up on The Hills, Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, Dancing with the Stars, and other inane shows I'd missed while I was in SE Asia on vacation.

Andrea on the other hand, had her hands full with Zoe. I called her on Sunday night to see how things were going. Her response was, "Is Zoe usually needy?" Hahaha. Um, you mean all of the whining she does to get your attention? I told Andrea it's usually a ball she wants that's under a couch. Andrea said Zoe had been let out and given a ball, and yet she just sat there and looked at her, whining trying to communicate. Yeah, we've got a monster all right. Zoe constantly needs attention.

I told Andrea that if she got to be too much, to bring her on home. My guess is that Zoe won't last there through the week. :)

No comments: