You'd think we were getting married in some remote region of the world. But seriously? Mexico? Having dealt with media, I know how much sensationalism goes into covering a story like this -- what's an issue for specific geography (e.g., Mexico City) has been blown up into a global pandemic.
Swine flu or not, we're still getting hitched on the shores of Playa del Carmen, which incidentally is hundreds of miles (and a two-hour flight) from both the border violence and the epicenter of the swine flu cases -- Mexico City. I do have some moments where I imagine all of us will be posing for wedding photos with baby blue surgical masks donned over our mouths and noses.
While it's also a tragedy for the local economy there, on the plus side, I'm guessing that we'll pretty much have the beach to ourselves. Want to make it to Mexico for the wedding? I bet there's some travel deals out there now. :)
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry, all this is going on. But hey, as you said, maybe you'll get good prices on things while you're there.
Post a Comment