So does life accelerate this fast after you get married?
We're slowly adjusting to having a new puppy around the house. After the first week of attentive potty training, I've about reached my limited for the time it takes to potty train. It would be one thing if we saw progress, but just when you think Zeke is getting the hang of it, he turns right around and potties in the house again. And I mean after spending 20 minutes outside, he literally comes back in and potties in the kitchen.
We are working on getting him to ring the bells, and once in a while he'll surprise us by ringing the bells. But I'm attributing that to more fluke than anything else. And based on the reading materials, it sounds like we've got another 3-4 weeks before he will actually be of age where he will have more bladder control. Thank goodness he's so darn cute!
We've also got him signed up for puppy obedience classes at the end of October. Need to make sure this soon-to-be 80 lb dog knows how to obey before he starts ruling the roost.
In other news...
We have a house guest coming to stay with us for awhile. Rick's mom will be visiting us for a month starting at the beginning of October. We'll see how it goes, but she's scouting out the area for a potential move out here. Other than losing your privacy with a in law in your house, the upside is that we'll have some help around the house and with the dogs. Guess we'll find out soon if the trade off is worth it.
In preparation for her arrival, I spent the weekend clearing out the spare room closet and moving out my computer so that she'll have some space to herself.
You know, the more that I think about it. She can't get here soon enough so I don't have to rush home for lunch everyday to let the dogs out.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel the same way about Fraser...it's lucky he's so adorable 'cause nothing else would get away with waking me up in the middle of the night!
Just found out this weekend that my in-laws are coming to visit for 2 months! yes TWO months. x
Don't worry - he will get the hang of potty training soon! Cleo had accidents for about the first month she was home - and then off and on for the next few months. Not too often, but enough to be annoying. And she didn't start ringing the bell until she was about 13 weeks. UGH!! The vet said their brain just has to get to a point where they can really process the Pavlovian aspect of what's going on. And just make a HUGE deal of it when he does it! Then he'll start abusing it, but you teach him to knock that off too. The bell is the best thing ever - I'm so glad you guys are doing that!! Can't wait to hear more about puppy times on the 3rd! :-) -Nicole
Post a Comment