Well, no need to worry any more about the dynamics of having my mother-in-law staying with us for four weeks. She called Rick the other day and said she couldn't make it after all.
Zeke is growing up so fast. He had his next set of shots last night and weighed in at 20 lbs. TWENTY POUNDS! And he's only 3 months old. We're still working on the potty training thing. In some ways, it's encouraging to hear him ring the bells, but we're still working hard to avoid accidents in the house, which still occur with some frequency. I think some of it is also understanding his potty rhythm. Just because he goes potty doesn't mean he's done. I swear he's got another bladder somewhere that he holds until he comes back into the house and then decides it's a good time to go.
Other than that....Fall is definitely in full force here. Rain and cooler temperatures. In some ways, it's nice to pull out the sweaters, but physiologically I feel like I'm ready to hibernate. I'm so tired lately. Partly because of the puppy, but I'm sure there's more going on there.
And a plug for why I love Facebook. My brother Matt must have had some free time on his hands when he decided to do some cyber-sleuthing and find our cousins from our mother's side. We haven't had any contact with them in nearly 20 years and with modern technology, it's amazing how quickly we're rebuilding those connections. Just in the last few days, we've found some of our cousins in Kentucky and Ohio and learned that there's a family reunion planned for next spring. I think we may actually try to make it out there for that.
Friday, October 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment