More MIL fodder this week.
As I was leaving the office the other night (around 7 pm), I began to listen to my voice messages, one of them being from my MIL who had called during the day. As I'm driving home, I'm listening to her ramble on about some car vs. bus accident on the news and that the car looked like Rick's and how she's afraid that Rick was involved.
Mind you...this message was probably left in the middle of the afternoon, so I was certain I'd be walking into a hysterical MIL. I hadn't even a chance to make it home before the phone rang again.
MIL calling...I better answer the phone. Barely could I get a word out and she was already into the whole story again about the car accident and worried about Rick.
Me: Linda....he's at work. He works until 9 pm, just like he does every night.
MIL: I guess I didn't know and he never answers his phone.
Me: If there was something wrong, I would have been called. And then I would have called you. He's fine. I'll be home in a few minutes.
I get home and walk in the door to a visibly shaken MIL.
MIL: I was so worried when I didn't hear from either of you so I called all of the hospitals to see if Rick was admitted.
Me: Really? Well, if there had been an emergency I would have called you.
MIL: I figured you might be in the emergency room and wouldn't be able to call me.
Clearly, she was convinced Rick had been involved in this head-on accident.
MIL: The hospitals told me to call the State Patrol, but I didn't.
Me: That's good. Well, as you can see, he's fine. He's at work and will be home soon.
I then sat down at the computer to look up the story. First of all, the accident was no where near where we live, and so in no way would it have been possible that Rick was involved. But of course she has no clue to the geographic area. Then I saw the images of the small school bus and the station wagon. It didn't look anything like Rick's Subaru. I swear she seeks out drama. I may just have to cancel our cable so she doesn't get so wrapped up in the local news.
Yep, we've got a live wire living with us. That's for sure.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment