Wouldn't you know it...things just don't go as planned.
So all week I have been looking forward to today -- the day my MIL would be on a train heading back to Minnesota.
As I've come to expect, "it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings." Never truer.
A couple of days ago Rick got a phone call from the senior-subsidized apartment complex out by our cabin. We'd put Linda's application in for a place there in late July, just a week prior to her eviction notice at her old apartment in Wisconsin.
When I had emailed in early September, the apartment manager replied that Linda was 6th on the list. I replied, confused that when we put the application in, we were told she was 4th on the list. With the escalating tension at home, and convinced that Linda had been blacklisted from the apartment we had so desperately been hoping for, figured we had no options to get her out of our house in the near term. Hence the decision to send her back to Wisconsin or Minnesota.
So here we are, a few days before the train is supposed to leave, and we find out Linda may indeed have an apartment of her own in a few weeks. Of course, we won't know for sure until Monday.
I immediately came up with Plan B. She would still get on the train to visit her sister who's been diagnosed with lung cancer. And then when the apartment opened up, she'd come back to Washington and move into her new place.
And so with that, I've been looking forward to regaining my life back and having a lovely, quiet weekend.
Until an hour ago when Rick called. Apparently his mom's meds can be filled in Wisconsin anymore and so she has a doctor's appt this week to get that sorted out. On her own accord, she called Amtrak and rescheduled her ticket for next Friday.
Why am I not surprised. I feel like I have a chronic infection that just won't go away. Anyone want to take bets on 1) if she gets on the train next Friday, and 2) when she'll actually be able to move into her own apartment?
Friday, October 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment