Friday, October 15, 2010

withdrawal

So remember when I said MIL was going through Xanax withdrawal when I was cleaning her out of her apartment in Wisconsin. I spent 5 days dumping the contents of her apartment while she was at the motel suffering through the withdrawal symptoms. Eventually on the last night in town, I drove her to the ER, where we met with a social worker.

MIL was convinced that someone had broken into her apartment and stolen her Xanax. Of course the rest of us all believed she'd taken more than her prescribed dosage because of the stress of the move.

Here we are two months later.

Instead of the Xanax being "stolen" this time, we're subject to her withdrawal because the refill she got was a generic she's "allergic" to. Did I say this woman comes packed with drama?

So I am anticipating, are we actually going to dinner tonight with our friends, or will we in fact be sitting in an ER somewhere having to convince someone to "exchange" her current prescription for a more palatable version of the drug.

Either way...I'm not quite sure why this is again my problem except for the fact that I have to sit here and listen to her bitch and complain about how all of the side effects from the fillers used in the generic and how if she doesn't take her Xanax her heart will stop.

Anyone have any good earplugs?

1 comment:

redheadmomma said...

I am so sorry. :( Come over any time....