Tuesday, July 25, 2006

indulgence

One of the benefits of being single is that I get to prioritize what, when and where I spend my money. I'm not frivolous, but I do on occasion like to indulge in some material things that, well, enhance my quality of living so to speak. :)

Last year, my big investment was a three-week vacation around Australia. This summer, it's my green pearl and teak Nordic hot tub.

My beautiful hot tub has been sitting on my patio for several weeks just aching to be used, but alas I needed to get an electrician out to do some fancy, schmancy wiring to help me save on energy costs. So while I was away in Orlando, magic was performed and I came back home to a fully functioning, filled and heated hot tub.

And what's a hot tub christening without a little company?

R came over to my place with his puppy. Whilst the dogs played, we were enjoying the warm, bubbly whirlpool sensation of my patio oasis. With the exception of flood lights shining straight on the hot tub (motion sensor lights that I installed a few years ago well before I ever thought I'd be putting a spa on my patio), it was a wonderful, relaxing evening.

And what's a christening without a formal name?

Hot tub, I hereby dub thee Lady Godiva.

No comments: