After a long, exhausting trip to Orlando, I got home last night and couldn't wait to see R. Having been gone for over 8 days, I was ready to be home. I'd been in transit most of the day and had a near scare with missing my connecting flight in Houston. All of this compounded by the fact that I have been plagued by a terrible sinus infection all week. (I think it's a result of the over airconditioned meeting rooms combined with the 95+ degree weather and humidity in Orlando.)
I couldn't get off the plane fast enough. As I turned on my cell phone and my messages came rolling in, I saw a text from R saying how excited he was to see me in a few hours, and that he would be leaving to pick me up at the airport soon.
Thankfully my luggage made it through the quick plane transfer in Houston, and as soon as I had my luggage in hand, I walked outside to see R there waiting for me. As he got out of the car, I tossed my luggage into the back, and that's when I saw the most beautiful bouquet of spring flowers that he handed to me with a huge hug and kiss. Wow, now that's what I call a "welcome home."
As we drove away from the airport, we caught up on everything that had happened over the course of the week. His mother had been in town visiting when I left, so he caught me up on her visit. He told me about seeing his friends and recounted his concert/camping experience to see Pearl Jam the night before. I shared with him the stories from my trip.
The sun was beginning to set, and it was the most incredible spectrum of pinks and blues. On the way home, R wanted to know if I wanted to go straight home. I said I was feeling fine and would like to spend some time with him, so we stopped by his place where he had yet another surprise for me....a chilled bottle of white wine, and a little treat of strawberries and cream.
And if that wasn't enough, he then brought out the most perfect gift -- a t-shirt from the Pearl Jam concert, one just like his. I can't wait to wear it. :)
He just melts me. What more could a girl want?
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment