Still in work hell for the next week or so, which is why it's been "all quiet on the blogging front." But what kind of update would this be with out a mom story to share.
So I've been in back to back meetings this week, with nary a minute to visit the little girls room. During my all-day meeting on Monday, I was watching my email box and noticed that my mom had called my office phone somewhere in the range of 12-15 times just that morning. (How do I see missed calls in my email you ask? The beauty of unified messaging. My email and work phone are connected, so I get an email every time I get a voice mail or missed call.)
Anyhow, during one of the breaks, I decide I better call her back and see what she wants.
Mom: If I give you my credit card, will you go online and buy me an airline ticket to come visit you the end of January, early February?"
Me: Mom, I am swamped at work right now, can this wait?
Mom: You don't need to take time off of work. Can I just come stay with you for a couple of weeks?
Me: Well, there's is a possibility that I might be planning a trip to the east coast to see a friend of mine then. Can we talk about this later?
Mom: Ok. Call me later.
Me: I will. In about two weeks....
So then the following day, I'm talking to my sister and she warns me not to answer the phone if Mom calls. Oh yeah, why so?
Remembering back when I said my mom is really insecure about my dad's sister, and that they are going to Houston to visit my parents in January??
Well, apparently Mom decided to call Kathy (my dad's sis) and proceeded to say, "I know that you know that [my dad] and I are having marital problems. I don't want you coming down to visit."
I'm getting this story 4th hand, so who really knows what else was said or happened, but it apparently ended with my aunt hanging up the phone on my mom.
You know, I'm not even sure my aunt knows how loopy my mom is. I mean, my dad and his sister aren't exactly tight. Sure they call each other for birthdays and holidays, but beyond that, I don't really think they are too involved in each other's lives. So for my aunt to plan to go down to Houston to visit my parents...well, that's a big deal. Knowing my dad, I doubt he even called Kathy back to apologize or offer an explanation for my mom's rude and outlandish behavior.
So Mama, you got your drama. I checked and there's no room for you at the "inn" in January. Coincidentally, isn't that when Kathy and Larry were planning to visit you and Dad in Houston?
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment