Wednesday, November 08, 2006

four months and counting

Woo hoo. Another fine milestone in the world of relationships. R and I just hit month #4, and with the holidays just around the corner, I think months 5 and 6 will blow right by us. I've noticed that even in the last few weeks, the unspoken uncertainty has seemed to have dissipated. R seems much more at ease and comfortable in his own skin, and in our relationship routine.

I admit it ... I am in an involved, committed relationship. When I got home from work tonight, I realized that I hadn't stayed in my bed since last Friday. We spent the weekend at R's place and then I had some work obligations earlier this week, where it was just easier to get there from R's place. I'm also realizing that Beaux and I are getting pretty good about living out of a duffel bag. :)

And more importantly, R didn't freak out spending four straight days with me. He's a trooper for sure. Last weekend I dragged him around to do my bidding.
  • Bought a new pillowtop mattress (that's due to be delivered this weekend) -- Can you believe that this is the first mattress I have actually paid good money for? I'm almost embarrassed to admit that my current squeaky-springed mattress was acquired in the break up with M. God only knows where that mattress was before I came into possession of it. Time to throw out the old, and embrace my sign-of-a-real-adult, new, great quality, 1/2 off mattress.
  • Drained, cleaned, and refilled my hot tub -- You would have peed your pants if you had seen me when I first started to try and siphon the water out of this bad boy. I stuck a 25' hose into the hot tub and then tried to suck the air out of the other end. Yeah, that didn't work. So when I learned that there was actually a drain at the bottom, the process became much easier. And within a few hours, I had cleaned, polished and refilled my precious hot tub. I don't think I was really clear on what the maintenance was going to be like for this. So for all that back-breaking work, I think I might actually go out and enjoy it tonight.

So back to the four months. R was really sweet and had sent me a text message with a flower on my phone. Too bad my lame phone never received it, so I didn't find out about it until he told me later. To celebrate, we decided to leave the dogs at home and have a lovely homecooked meal at .... Claim Jumper. Cannot beat the Oaxacan sea bass. Yum. Glass of wine, some yummy food, and I was out like a light. When we got home R wanted to take the dogs on a walk. I was halfway out of consciousness, and I said something about wishing we had a treadmill for the dogs. Next thing I know he's online researching treadmills. Seriously... I need to be careful what I suggest. He might just do it.

Anyhow, wishing I had more time to blog this week, but realizing that my life is not my own right now. I'll try and sneak some time share any mentionable highlights.

1 comment:

Pen In Cheek said...

So when is that hot tub party you were always talking about? Or did you have one without me? :)

Can't wait to see what the holidays have in store for you and R!