Monday, January 29, 2007

"that's a monday"

Since I am the primary social coordinator for our coupledom, I usually have to give Rick the lowdown on the details (dates, times, who) of the social engagements which I've committed us to.

Last week, as I was replaying the details of one in particular to Rick, telling him that it was on the second Saturday in February. "I think it's the 12th." He looked at me and said, "The 12th is a Monday." Quizically, I asked him right back, "How on earth do you know that? I'm the one who lives and breathes the calendar and I have no idea what the date is." He thought for a moment, and then said, "Well, the 12th is a Monday, because the 14th is a Wednesday." And then I realized, he's already thinking about Valentine's Day. I'm quite impressed. Rick then said, "You have plans with me, so don't make any other plans."

And I thought I was Johnny-on-the-Spot by already having bought his Valentine's Day card, and for his gift, a punchcard for buckets of golf balls at the driving range.

Just a little over two weeks away, and the anticipation is killing me.

1 comment:

Pen In Cheek said...

Can't wait to hear what happens!