I got a text from Jodi on my cell phone this morning. "I'm in Vegas, and I think I just saw Jon!"
OMG, this is too funny. I knew she had seen Jon because I knew that he is in Vegas this weekend for Jay and Christy's wedding. For a refresher on these two, see the Oct 18 post - Welcome to the Neighborhood.
There was no way I was going to let this one slide, so I called up Jodi to have a quick chat. Oh yes, it was Jon. I relayed to her that he was there for the wedding of his friend Christy to my former colleague Jay.
In fact, I had a drink with Jon just earlier this week just to catch up and say hello, and he asked if I was going to their wedding. I wasn't. I hadn't been invited. He said he'd hoped that the lack of invitation wasn't on his account. I reassured him that even if I had been invited, I wouldn't have gone.
I'd forgotten completely about the nuptials until Jodi's text message. Ah yes, sweet justice. I have eyes everywhere, including Vegas.
Jodi said she saw him with some blonde, and that he was stroking her hair. And she sweetly told me that I was much cuter than Jon's new squeeze. Nice to hear.
But the nicer thing is that I don't care any more. Even when I saw him the other night, it was more that I was ecstatically happy and hearing all about his work, his travel schedule, the whole thing...I just felt sorry for him. I wouldn't trade my life for his for any amount of money in the world.
And so he's with some blonde. I hope he's happy. Knowing him though, he's just bidding his time. If he really did have something special with that girl, I would have heard about it. I could barely contain myself from telling him all about Rick.
I hope Jon and his girl Friday have a great time in Vegas at that wedding.
Deep down, part of me wants to send him a text message saying, "Cute blonde. Hope you guys have a great time at the Wynn." But I think I'll let this one lie. He doesn't need to know every time one of my "spies" see him out.
So back my happy life full of golf channel, taxes and sleeping dogs.
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I cannot believe those two are going through with it!!! Would love to be a fly on the wall at that parade.
Don't let Jon know about the spy...too much fun to do it all behind his back!
Post a Comment