I'll cut the suspense and say no, I don't have any "special" news to share, but I did find it interesting that there was something in my voice that day that made them think things might be getting exciting in my world.
I do admit I've had an extra spring in my step and more energy than I've had in awhile. Of course I also feel like I've been going a millions miles a minute too.
I'll chalk up the giddiness in my voice to a couple of things:
- The sun is out! I can't believe how invigorated I've been feeling the last few days with the beautiful temperatures and clear skies. I feel like I can do almost anything
- I'm still doing my "allergy" diet. Essentially I cut out dairy and wheat because I think I might have a food intolerance for it, and by pure principle, I've also banished starches and sugar. It's a little like doing Atkins but I get to eat my fruit. And I can't even tell you how much energy I've got. My brain just won't shut down and I've been going going going for a few weeks now.
- We've made a lot of progress on Rick's move into my place. We have just a few things left there, but for the most part, he's my full-time roommate. After a long day of packing and moving on Sunday, I banished him to the livingroom with the big screen tv so that I could focus all of my efforts on finding a home for all of his possessions.
- Our trip to Eastern Europe is less than two months away and I've re-engaged on some of the planning that I hadn't yet taken care of. I'm so excited because I found an incredible hotel in Korcula, Croatia that will be ideal for 5 days of absolute rest & relaxation. I was a little worried that the rooms would be all booked, but alas I was able to secure a sea side room for us. And on top of that, I was also able to get reservations at a highly recommended soba (private apt) in Dubrovnik, so that was a bonus as well. Now I just need to figure out how to book our night train tickets from Budapest to Prague, since the site won't let me book those tickets online.
I'm back into vacation planning mode, so I'll probably blog more about that later.
2 comments:
Looks like a beautiful place! What will the weather be like? Will your brother have his own room? What's the exchange rate on the Euro? Are you taking your laptop???
Yay for questions!
The weather is going to be damn hot. Right now it's in the high 60's, low 70's. It will be in the 80's by June.
My brother will have a pull out sofa or his own room for most of the trip -- with the exception of when we're at the hotel in Korcula since they don't have anything but studio-style rooms.
Exchange rate for the Euro right now is about 100 Eur = 135 US Dollars. Most of our accommodations on this trip will be about 100 Euro for all three of us. Just to give you an idea of the price difference, the Hilton Hotel in Dubrovnik was going to cost us nearly $300 US a night. We're staying at the soba for just over $100 US a night.
Laptop -- considering that we're traveling with just a pack, I've got to pack really light. Trying to figure out the best way to blog about the trip while we are over there. I will likely leave the laptop at home and blog via cell phone and Internet cafe as best as possible. Worst case scenario, I'll take a trip journal and post the stories once I'm back.
Post a Comment