Rick's had me as his nurse since last Wednesday, and now it's my turn to be the patient. Fortunately he's feeling much better and will be going back to work on Monday.
The wisdom teeth extraction went well -- much better than I'd anticipated. Went in at 10:30 this morning and left four teeth less, and highly medicated with lots of gauze. Rick's been a great caretaker all day, and considering that I'm on some form of Vicodin, I feel extremely lucid and almost pain free. Obviously, since I've got the wherewithal to blog and even do some work email.
Eating hasn't been on the top of my priority list though. Still trying to work through this gauze/gag factor I have going on. And about all I can prepare myself to swallow is a couple of bites of applesauce. Hopefully I'll still feel this decent tomorrow and be able graduate to something more substantial tomorrow.
It's been a stressful few weeks with Rick's surgery, anticipation of my dental surgery and several significant projects going on at work. My manager convinced me that jury duty was not something that I needed to add to my very full plate, so I called to postpone for another time. That does ease some of the pressure.
Thanks for the well wishes.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hope you feel better soon. While I would never wish to be sick/or recovering, it can also be a nice, forced relaxation break. So try to enjoy it as much as you can!!!
so glad you put off the jury duty.... and I'm so glad it went well for you!!!
XO R
happy to hear it wasn't dreadful. Enjoy the vicodin. ; )
Post a Comment